Pages

LIFE, LOVE AND A SPLASH OF SOME GLAMOUR

Thursday, August 1, 2013

1st Trimester Must Haves...

My first trimester wasn't that bad. It wasn't great but I know it could have been much worse. I am well into my 2nd trimester now. The ickiness of the last 3 months has subsided and I feel fantastic, most of the time. Since this is the first time I made it through a the first 3 months this was so scary. I remember calling my best friends who are both mommies with questions every other day. I wanted to share some of the things that really worked for me.


1st Trimester




Water Bottle- I opted for one with a straw. I tend to drink more out of a straw and bottles with out. It is important to stay hydrated especially if you aren't eating or able to keep food down. I didn't have this problem often but I craved ice cold water. The colder the better for me.

Foot Soak- I didn't start having foot pain until later on in my first trimester. I think it was a combination of the heat and long days on my feet. I found some relief in foot soaks. I tried a bunch of different ones. I enjoyed using epsom salt and peppermint the best.

Nike Comfort Sandals- These babies have been amazing on my feet. They are a bit to sporty for work but I wear them every where else. The comfort soles have pampered my super sore feet.

Club Soda- I was always a diet soda freak. I have given up all artificial sugar since I found out I was pregnant. I still like the carbonation and the bubbles helped out with any queasiness I was feeling.

Sports bra- Before my pregnancy these bad boys were big but let me tell ya they are ridiculous! My back and shoulders have been KILLING me. During the day I wear a regular bra but by the time I get home at night my shoulders have cuts in them from the straps. OUCH! The minute I get in the door I change into my sports bra. I love the light weight ones from Target.

Granola- I love Nature's Valley and granola bars have been such an easy snack that I take with me wherever I go. I have one in my bag, a few in my desk. They help me keep something in my stomach in between meals.

Metamucil- Ugh, one of the most uncomfortable things about the first trimester is, well, you know digestion changes. Constipation is just another sexy side effect. TMI? Sorry! This stuff, 3 times a day will help a little bit. My doctor made sure he warned me it only gets worse....GREAT!

Belly Band- Can I just say I LOVE THIS THING?!?! The belly band has made it so easy to continue wearing a lot of my shorts and jeans. Maternity clothes are expensive. Since I'll be pregnant through the summer, fall and winter months I'm trying to hold off on buying any summer maternity clothes. It was well worth the $15 I spent on it at Target.

Tums- Hello heartburn. I went with the smoothie flavors as a suggestion from my mommy friends.


Everyone and every pregnancy is so different. I am no expert just sharing some of the things that helped me through the hardest parts of my first trimester. Hope this comes in handy to some of you as well.

1 comment:

Erin @ Happily Obsessed said...

YES to all of these!! I used them all except the belly band..I just opted for cotton dresses for now. I bought some of the flip flops made out of yoga mat...OMG...amazing!! Oh the Metamucil...I have to drink it too...gah!! Why does no one tell you about the bad parts of pregnancy until you get there?! LOL

Post a Comment

I absolutely love hearing from you. Leave some love!