Pages

LIFE, LOVE AND A SPLASH OF SOME GLAMOUR

Friday, January 9, 2015

Oh Hey Friday

A Friday, it's such a sweet sound even if the snow is falling from the sky already today. It's been the most perfect week. I spent Monday and Tuesday celebrating my little man's 1st birthday and only working 3 days made for a great week. Here is my Friday free for all:

[one] I really have to get on top of Jack's 1st birthday. I've been dragging my feet and before I know it BAM! It's too late. Having a baby right after the holidays is tough. This weekend I really need to get my behind in gear and get everything in control. So far the invites are out, birthday onsie ordered, cake is ordered and I'm lucky to have lots of left over cups, plates and napkins from his baptism.

[two] I have realized I am so in the dark with music. I used to be on top of lots of new bands and music when I was younger and now it's like I'm living in a cave and the only song played is Thomas The Tank Engine theme song. I even miss shows like One Tree Hill (for many reasons) for the music.

[three] This month it will be a year since our family ditched cable. In our area there is only one option  for cable providers and the cost for what we were getting was ridiculous. It hasn't been the easiest switched but I'm pretty proud we were able to reach this milestone. We don't watch as much mindless television as we used too. Netflix is about the only thing we watch and anything we can live stream. I just finished watching Criminal Minds so I need some suggestions on some good shows to watch. I was never the biggest Friends fan but I have started watching a few of the older episodes.

[four] The flu has hit hard around these parts. So many people I know are sick! Our pediatrician said we should try and keep our babies out of high traffic areas because it is so bad and everyone seems to be on their death bed. People are flooding the hospitals and it's so much scarier when you have children. I hate germs!!!

[five] How is this boy 1????



8 comments:

Jen said...

I am the same way with music! I have no idea about any of the current artists haha.

Meg Taylor said...

Ugh good luck not getting the flu - I guess it's that time of year! When we were in CT, we had the same one-cable company issue, but down in SC, you get to choose, so it's been way better (since they can't just jack up the price!).

Laura said...

Aww look how good he sits for you!!! I was so happy to say goodbye to the monthly posed photos in novembet- i cannot get her to pose/sit/stay still for them anymore!! Happy friday!

Laura said...

Ps: thomas the tank runs through my head 24/7

Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup said...

Your son is ADORABLE! Happy first Birthday! Have a wonderful weekend.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, my son was just born and I know I will blink and be taking the same one year old picture and I can't handle it! Happy Birthday to your little guy! :)

kilipohi said...

He's adorable! Happy Birthday Little One

Unknown said...

Hey, just letting you know I nominated you for the Leibster Award. Hope you can participate.

Post a Comment

I absolutely love hearing from you. Leave some love!