Pages

LIFE, LOVE AND A SPLASH OF SOME GLAMOUR

Friday, November 5, 2010

Dress shopping

Tomorrow, along with my mom and MOH, Amanda I will be trying on wedding gowns. This is my first try, well sorta. I went to a bridal show last month and saw a dress from  Pronovias I just couldn't resist. Turns out it was part of a trunk show that was being flown back to Spain the very next day. I had to try it on. It was amazing. I couldn't tell if I had "THAT FEELING" because it looked so pretty or if it was because I was in a wedding gown. Even my mom got chills but I have a feeling this will happen each time. I would love to post it but I still have a feeling it may be the one. I felt so thin in it! Trust me that NEVER happens. I'm a size 12 with lots of body image issues so to feel thin in a dress is shocking. Hoping it won't be a problem to order it from Spain.

I am so super nervous about tomorrow. As a size 12 I have this terrible feeling all the samples will be to small and I won't be able to try anything on. Two years ago I was a size 18 so I should feel excellent about my weight loss b/c a 12 is not fat by any means.  From what I heard most sample dresses are a size 10 and even run 2 sizes smaller. There is no way I think I'll be able to squeeze this behind in an 8. I don't think I've been an 8 since I was 8 years old. Fingers crossed I can try something on and it doesn't throw me into a fit of diet depression.

Here are a few dresses I seem to be geared towards:


listofgowns.htm.jpg
(Courtesy of Augusta Jones)

I'm not to sure of the strapless nature of the dress but the beautiful Victorian lace and crystal sash catch my eye.


larger_image.jpg
(Courtesy of The Knot and LaRichie Couture)
I am absolutely in LOVE with the embroidery on this dress but again strapless is not a good look for me.

larger_image.jpg
(Courtesy of The Knot and Essense of Australia)

I find myself so into the one sleeve!
larger_image.jpg
(Courtesy of The Knot and Jim Hjelm)
SERIOUSLY does Jim Hjelm do anything that isn't PERFECT. Here is only one his collection of amazing dresses. In love with everything about this dress except the price. I love the organza and the vintage lace. JIM, if you are out there I would do just about anything for you to reduce your price for little old me. HELP!!!
SB16-CALLIE.jpg
(Courtesy of Steven Birnbaum)

There is just something about this dress. its so vintage 1950's. I love it!!!!
larger_image.jpg
(Courtesy of The Knot and Pronovias)
Here is another beauty from the Pronovias Collection (Not the one I tried on at the bridal show) I love the lines and the neckline. To think I could wear a real bra with a wedding dress would be heavenly!!! 
8465FL.jpg


(Courtesy of DaVinci)

Love the organza and the sash. 

Clearly I am not the beads and bows kind of bride. The smaller and more understated dresses seem to catch my eye. I am hoping for a calm and relaxed adventure tomorrow. 
Wish me luck!!!
xoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely love hearing from you. Leave some love!