Pages

LIFE, LOVE AND A SPLASH OF SOME GLAMOUR

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Father's Day

With Father's Day just around the corner I figured I would introduce you to my dad! My father and I were never really close. We are very differnt people although we share the same love for the NY Yankees, Paul Simon, and watching the Discovery Channel. It wasn't until I moved out that we finally began a pleasant relationship. I am lucky that my parent's house is only a mile from my job so each day during my lunch break I have some time to spend with him. Its actually quite nice. We sit and chat over lunch. I help him water his plants and help with the garden. Due to heart problems my dad had to retire early. Most of his retired time is spent gardening and painting. Since he retired he has began oil painting and they are fantastic pieces of art. Up until 6 months ago when his FINALLY got DVR, he would tape (yep, VHS) every episode of Bob Ross and his "Happy Trees".  

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY DAD!!!

My dad and I are huge Yankee fans. He used to coach my little brother and I when we played baseball. He is a huge fan of ours. He would go to all of our games and be that really loud dad in the back of the stands. Here he is with mom at a Yankee Stadium tour.

 Christmas morning! Christmas has been hard for dad since his mom passed away on December 23, 1984. 

With his older brother, Uncle John, at my housewarming party.

Last summer at a wedding. My dad and I always dance together at weddings. He is a huge fan of The Twist. He used to dance with his mom to The Twist so I guess its some sort of a tradition. It will def be played at my wedding just for him and I. 

This is still a secret for dad but this will be our Father Daughter song followed by The Twist!!!




HAPPY FATHER'S DAY ALL YOU EXTRA SPECIAL DADDIES!!!
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely love hearing from you. Leave some love!