Pages

LIFE, LOVE AND A SPLASH OF SOME GLAMOUR

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

What Makes NYC Recessionista Happy {Guest Post}

Happy Summer Solstice, y'all!


I'm Alison from over at NYC Recessionista ... and I am so happy to be here for some guest-blogging duties while Kristina and Brian are off enjoying their honeymoon. I really hope they are having a fabulous time!  Honeymoons should be filled with relaxation, cocktails with lunch, dessert every night, laughter, adventures, and quality time with each other.


To be honest, I wish I was somewhere other than NYC right now with this approaching heat wave. I know I will probably sound like a crazy person when I say this, but summer has got to be my least favorite season of all. Between the heat and humidity and the way it radiates off the buildings, the smelly subways and garbage ... I will stop there though, because this post is supposed to be about things that make me happy!


Well, there is nothing that makes me happier than fall. On what is sure to be one of the hottest days of the year, let's daydream about autumn, shall we?

"There is a time of year in New York when, even before the first leaf falls, you can feel the seasons click. The air is crisp, the summer is gone. And for the first night in a long time, you need a blanket on your bed."
-Carrie Bradshaw, Sex and the City





Source: google.com via NYC on Pinterest




Source: flickr.com via NYC on Pinterest
















Source: tumblr.com via NYC on Pinterest




Source: tumblr.com via NYC on Pinterest




At this time of year, I absolutely long for fall and everything about it that I love:

Beautifully Colored Leaves
Cozy Sweaters
Apple Cider
Scarves
Hay Rides
Leather Boots
Pumpkin Picking
Chunky Tights
The Crisp Air
The Smell of Cinnamon
My Wedding Anniversary
Gaining an Hour of Sleep

The list goes on and on ... 

What's your favorite season? 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so sweet!! :) Fall is my favorite time of year for sure!!:)

Post a Comment

I absolutely love hearing from you. Leave some love!