Pages

LIFE, LOVE AND A SPLASH OF SOME GLAMOUR

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Weekend Update

Talk about a blog break. Four days and it kind of felt great. A few weeks back I blogged about not having the desire to blog. My my blog friend, Alli, told me not to blog if I'm not into it. She was so correct. I felt like I was pulling stuff out and not all of it was interesting, fun and sometimes I felt like I was being fake. Inside my heart I felt sadness but I was posting about happy crap. It was very fake to me. I've taken her advice and I'm pretty pleased with it. It feels good to not feel pressure.

So here are just a few things going on in my life lately.


- I made Brian try Indian Food. It was amazing and he loved it! I enjoy being able to introduce him to new things. The Clay Oven is the best Indian Food I have ever tried. It was amazing.


- My asked me to be her date for a 25th wedding anniversary party. My mom's best friend and her husband renewed their vows this weekend. It was wonderful. It was such a beautiful example of what love should be, whether you are married one year, 25 or 50. It's so nice to celebrate true love like that. Only problem I had was falling down the stairs at my parent's house. It was bad. I am in a ton of pain. I can't sit or lay down. I'm ashamed to admit it but thank goodness I have a lot of extra padding on my so I didn't think I would be as bruised as I am. My entire butt is bruised! I hurt my elbow pretty bad too.



A wine basket we made for the happy couple. I was holding this when to took that tumble down the stairs. Everything in the basket was fragile. Thank goodness everything was saved. 



- Brian and I hiked part of the Appalachian Trail. Not the best idea after busting my butt the day before.  I love the people you meet when you hike the trail. We met a guy and his dog who were hiking from Maine down to Georgia. We were able to give him so spots in NJ just off the trail where he can get food, shower and shelter from the next 3 days when its raining. He was so grateful.


- I also sent out all of our swap emails. I am so excited to be paired with The Preppy Student. I already started shopping!!! 



I love long weekends for obvious reasons. I love that Brian and I can spend time together but also enjoy our time apart. I love the time we spend doing simple things with out spending money. We don't get a chance to do it often with our busy lives but when we do we have a blast.

What are your favorite things to do on long weekends?



2 comments:

Wendy Annabeth said...

i heart your blog! i'm a new GFC follower :)

Unknown said...

i'm so excited for the swap. i already sent my partner her stuff because i was so excited! and i totally agree with your friend- don't post stuff on the blog if you're not up to it. it'll be ok :)

Post a Comment

I absolutely love hearing from you. Leave some love!