Pages

LIFE, LOVE AND A SPLASH OF SOME GLAMOUR

Monday, August 26, 2013

Sunday Funday

What a fantastic weekend. It's a shame it's Monday all over again.

On Saturday I spent the entire day cleaning out the house. All of the things we have accumulated in the last 4 years needed a good cleaning. I think I threw away 5 big garbage bags, recycled 4 big boxes of stuff, donated books and organized everything else.

On Sunday, Brian and I woke up early and took advantage of a beautiful morning by hiking the Appalachian Trail. We are so lucky to have such a beautiful spot so close to home. We have hiked it before but I haven't done much working out since I got pregnant. I was hoping I could keep up and I far surpassed my expectations. We were out for 2 hours and we completed 6 miles. It was such a beautiful morning. I felt amazing afterwards too. Six miles isn't so bad for a preggers!







After our hike we met up my parents and we all went to a small craft village for their annual corn and tomato festival. Lafayette Village is an adorable little craft area and is very dog friendly so Bogart came along too. We finished off the weekend with a delicious and home cooked lobster dinner. We cooked up some fresh veggies from the Lafayette Village Farmer's Market to go along with the lobster.

What did you do this weekend? Anything fun, exciting or outdoorsy?


http://synfullydelicious.blogspot.com/" target="_blank">http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p615/synfullydelicious1/Blog%20Design%20by%20CLS/200x200-TWI.jpg
" border="0" />

2 comments:

Jen said...

How wonderful! :) 6 miles is definitely great.

Sar said...

Awwww, that looks like a lovely little hike! I'm envious, as San Antonio doesn't have a lot of terrain close by (the Hill Country does, but that's a bit of a drive!). Lobster sounds delicious too!

I did go on two "hikes," but again, Texas doesn't have terrain so it was more like a walk in the woods. ;)

Post a Comment

I absolutely love hearing from you. Leave some love!