Pages

LIFE, LOVE AND A SPLASH OF SOME GLAMOUR

Monday, September 30, 2013

Vacation Recap

Well, I certainly didn't expect to skip almost a whole week of blogging but hey, work and life definitely got in the way last week. I'm happy to report the huge work project I had been working on is complete and I can breathe again!

Two weeks ago Brain and I took off on a 10 hour road trip to Oak Island, North Carolina. I was so excited to get away on our little babymoon trip. We had plans of relaxation on the beach and enjoying the company of one another for 6 days.

The last time we vacationed in North Carolina was 3 years ago. We were still dating. The engagement came the week after. It's amazing how things change!

So our vacation started off on a scary foot. We were just hitting the DC area when I read on Twitter that a shooting had taken place. We were stuck right before the Navy yard and could see what I assume were the ambulance taking victims to the hospital, helicopters doing their fly overs and military closing off much of DC. It was scary and our hearts were breaking for the people involved.

Once we got down to North Carolina this pregnant lady was a mess. I was swollen from top to bottom. I was unable to wear any of the shoes I had packed. I guess I didn't factor in the swelling part of the road trip. We went out to dinner and we were both out cold by 9pm.

The next several days were spent on a very empty beach and pool. Apparently, in North Carolina when the temps reach 75 no one hits the beach! We had beautiful weather the entire week. We played golf, took lots of walks and even spent some time in the gym together. I'm still sporting a pretty sweet tan that I hope lasts a little while longer. It was so nice to extend our summer an extra week.

Here are just a few snippets from our days at the beach.


















I'll be back Wednesday to post a bit about our day trip to Wilmington. 

2 comments:

Jen said...

What a fun vacation you had! I can't wait to hear all about Wilmington, I miss is there.

Laura said...

Looks like such a lovely and relaxing time! I love your swimsuit cover-up! That's crazy you were kind of stuck in the navy yard shooting madness...that must have been intense. So glad you had a good babymoon!

Post a Comment

I absolutely love hearing from you. Leave some love!