Pages

LIFE, LOVE AND A SPLASH OF SOME GLAMOUR

Thursday, October 31, 2013

2nd Trimester Essentials

Now that I'm engulfed by my 3rd trimester I thought I would share some of the goodies that truly got me through the last several month. My 2nd trimester was fantastic. There really aren't many complaints. I felt so great until I was diagnosed with a hernia at 24 weeks. Besides the hernia I really had minimal problem or complaints. I was lucky to move into my 2nd trimester in mid summer so the discomfort of pregnancy and heat didn't bother me very much. I have also been lucky to be carrying small. I'm tall, 5'7 and I've got good hips so I have concealed this pregnancy very well. Many people still have a hard time believing I'm 7 months along (My primary doctor being one of them. He swore I was 7 weeks instead of 7 month this week) Not many people knew I was pregnant until I was about 24 weeks along.

Here are just a few of the goodies that got me through :



2nd trimester essential

2nd trimester essential by kj2380 featuring so moccasins

HOT WATER BOTTLE- The old fashioned kind- After the hernia arrived I picked one of these up. I also use them when my back is acting up.
Heating pads are not recommended during pregnancy.

PILLOWS- I currently sleep with 6! I often steal my husband's when he gets up for work too. I opted to skip the body pillow and instead just adjust my many pillows as needed. Some nights I lay them under my tummy, other nights at my back or between my knees. I've noticed that in pregnancy nothing works for more than a few days at a time.

LEGGINGS- I have purchased a few from Motherhood and a pair from Target. The Motherhood are far more comfortable. I will probably go back for a few more pair. My maternity jeans seem to slide down all day long and yanking them up all day gets really annoying.

TUMS- Holy heartburn towards the end of my 2nd trimester. I've noticed if I eat anything with spice or anything after 8pm I wake up in the middle of the night with the burning my throat kind of heartburn. Some nights even waking up with verps...TMI??? Sorry!

WATER- I can't stay hydrated enough! I feel like I do better with straws too. My nurse told me that even though we think we drink enough we really don't.

BURT'S BEES' MAMA BEE- I have yet to get any stretch marks....Knock on wood. I hope it's because I use this stuff like it's my job!

SLIPPERS- I purchased a pair of Minnetonka's and they are for indoor and outdoor use. Yes they look like slippers BUT since my feet when from a girly size 8 to a beastly size 10 I barely care what people think of my feet. Just a suggestion; purchase a pair of heel or foot insoles for them or any shoes. They have really made a difference

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely love hearing from you. Leave some love!