Pages

LIFE, LOVE AND A SPLASH OF SOME GLAMOUR

Monday, November 11, 2013

The Nicest Thing...

Today, although a Monday, I woke up feeling really refreshed and happy. Yes, it is a holiday and I'm the only one bouncing off to work but that hasn't gotten me down either. It's all because the simplest of things happened last night between my husband and I.

Back track a few weeks; things haven't been easy. I have mentioned here before my husband and I are a real couple. We argue, we fight, we do wrong by one another and we say things that aren't the nicest. Deep down we love one another with all we are and all we have to give. Recently, with pregnancy hormones I have been on his butt about everything. Each little thing he does irks me like you wouldn't believe. We have our ups and downs but that is who we are.

Flash forward to yesterday we had went shopping for baby things and prego things. Brian pretty much hates any type of shopping so the majority of the time he spent on his phone. On our way home Brian mentioned I had a phone up-grade with Verizon and I should use it now that the Iphone 5C and 5S have been out for a few weeks. I agreed to stop in but I really could care less about what phone I have. My phone is an LG smart phone. I've had it for 2 years. It works. It gets the job done. I have no reason or desire for a new one.  Don't laugh but I'm still using my 2nd generation; 2gb ipod from 2006. So while we were browsing I told Brian to take my upgrage and get himself a new Iphone. He was elated.

After we made the purchase we went next door for dinner at Outback. While we were at dinner, and as he was focused on his new toy I told him I was glad he was happy. I was glad I could do something simple for him that would make him happy. Brian looked up at me and said "Stuff like this doesn't make me happy. You make me happy."

It was one of the nicest things he has ever said.
It really made me feel loved.


3 comments:

Jen said...

That is so sweet! You guys are awesome. :)

Amy Powell said...

oh that's very sweet! I love precious moments like that in the middle of stressful times.

Kristin said...

Very sweet of you!

Post a Comment

I absolutely love hearing from you. Leave some love!