I must preface this with this statement...
I love being pregnant. I thank my lucky stars that my husband and I have been blessed with this baby. The miracle growing in my tummy is beyond joyous for us!
With that being said; Holy crap!
The stuff people don't tell you about being pregnant! Let's just say here are just a few things I wish people had told me so I would be prepared for the strange things to come. This is meant to be light hearted. As I type these things I giggle because sometimes you just have to laugh off the discomfort and the not so great things. Obviously, everyone is different, feels different and reacts different to pregnancy!
- This shit people say. I think people get hit with the stupid stick before speaking to a pregnant woman. I have heard some real winners, "Are you sure you aren't having twins?", "You are huge.", "How much weight have you gained?", "You are so small, are you sure the baby is healthy", "Are you eating enough?"
I have an idea... Just tell a pregnant woman she looks beautiful! A simple "Congrats" is also pretty great too!
- The feeling like you have been riding a horse cross country. A girl at work did warn me of this! It is crazy. I would say from month 7 and even now I feel like I've taken a spin class for hours on end. I just hurts in crazy places!
- HOLY BOOBS! I'm sure if any of you have seen my pictures I have been blessed in the boob category. I would say more like burdened. I got ta-tas for days! I always expected to get a little bigger. Mostly when baby arrives but boy was I wrong. Let me tell you; NOTHING fits anymore!
- Mood Swings- I am like a crying, jealous monster these days! I cry at just about everything and in a second I become a angry monster! I swear I have cried at a commercial and with in a mila second I am asking if my husband is cheating. Freaking lunatic!
- Snoring- It is so bad I wake myself up doing it! I have always snored a tiny bit. It usually happens when I'm sick or laying on my back but now a days it happens whether I'm out for the night or during a simple nap in every and all positions.
- Sleeping- Well, some one should have told me it just does not exist past the 3rd trimester. It's more like tiny naps all night long!
- Sex- Yeah right Baby Center. Both me and husband find me uber sexy these days. Give me a break. That's all I have to say about that.
- The fear your husband will never find you attractive or sexy again.- I guess I am feeling hard on myself these last few weeks. In the early stages of pregnancy I felt beautiful and sexy with my growing bump. These days I just kind of feel like a lump of coal.
- Reflux- I thought it was heartburn and that is easy enough to deal with...Oh no. waking up vomitting in your mouth on a nightly basis is the not greatest. Tip- Sleep with Tums while you sit up. Mine are often propped up on my mega boobs.
What about you? Have you experienced anything ridiculous that you never thought you would when you were pregnant?
Happy 37 weeks to us! Baby is still holding strong 100% effaced. Not dilated just yet.