Pages

LIFE, LOVE AND A SPLASH OF SOME GLAMOUR

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Surviving Teething- Or At Least Trying



Sweet mother, we are in the midst of teething and it has turned life into something I would classify as a loud, tear filled, sleepless tornado. (on both jack and my part)

Some of our warning signs have been:

- Increased drool- This has been going on for several months but it is sooooo bad lately. We go through bibs so often I have chosen just to change his shirt or onsie most days. I'm continually wiping his chin and neck with a washcloth so it won't cause a rash.

- Sleepless Night and Napless Days- For all that is holy, PLEASE SLEEP!!! Jack has been up so often at night I can barely stay awake at work most days. Last night he woke up 4 times and was up for the day at 5 am. I honestly can't function.

- Chewing (EVERYTHING)- Jack will chew and suck on anything and everything. He will chew on my fingers and chin whenever he can. We gave him a Tupperware full of cold teethers and tried putting them all in his mouth in addition to the tupperware.

-Refusing To Eat- I've noticed Jack has been refusing breastfeeding and the bottle. If he doesn't refuse he eats for very short periods of time. He seems uncomfortable when he nurses. Often he will push with his legs and whip his head around. Any one ever hear of niplash??? Yeah, its a real thing. I believe this is why he is having a difficult time sleeping because he's hungry.

- Fussy- Jack has never been a real crier so him being fussy and crying is so out of the ordinary for us. I know he must be so uncomfortable to be crying and fussing as much as he is.

 I just feel so terrible for him. I wish I could make it all go away. We have Sophie, teethers, frozen wash clothes, foot massage and a silicone teething necklace to help him find some comfort. Nothing seems to work. 

Moms, what are your favorite teething remedies? What are some of the best tips you can give to survive teething?

2 comments:

Jen said...

Awww poor thing!

Erin @ Happily Obsessed said...

Gah, Mav is doing the same thing. We have one tooth that has just broke through the gums. He hates the hard frozen things but we found a soft one that you get wet and freeze and he seems to like it. Luckily his night time sleeping hasn't been affected but his daytime naps are.

Post a Comment

I absolutely love hearing from you. Leave some love!