Pages

LIFE, LOVE AND A SPLASH OF SOME GLAMOUR

Friday, November 28, 2014

Our 1st Family Thanksgiving

So our 1st family Thanksgiving didn't turn out quite like I would have planned it. On Wednesday the Northeast got slammed by snow. I had to work but was able to get to my parent's house where I had dropped off Jack earlier in the day so at least we were together. I didn't want to chance driving home with 10 inches of snow on the ground, even with a Jeep. Thankfully, Brian did make it home so we were separated.

Thanksgiving morning Jack and I enjoyed the parade and breakfast with my family. I started feeling sick to my stomach after breakfast and it only got worse during the afternoon. In addition to the stomach pains I have been dealing with terrible back pain that started on Tuesday. When Brian got to my parent's he also was feeling sick. He looked terrible so I sent him home. I tried to pull through and  celebrate with my family but I only felt worse as the day progressed. I managed to get through dinner so Jack could enjoy with family although he screamed for most of the meal. I didn't even try and eat. After dinner my body was just so weak and I was so uncomfortable I had to drive home. I packed up Jack and drove the hour home. I cried most of the trip home because I was so disappointed that I felt like I had ruined his holiday.
Bowtie from Pen +A on Etsy


By the time we had gotten home Brian was watching football and was feeling slightly better. I attempted to eat and my stomach felt terrible. We cuddled together in all of our yuckiness as a family and watched. I found comfort from some Instagram friends who were also feeling ill on their child's 1st Thanksgiving. Although it made me feel pretty sad that we spent most of the day apart and we couldn't enjoy the holiday as a family I have to feel blessed that our life is so full. We have so much to be thankful for. Thanksgiving is just a day and we can always have a redo! I do have a turkey in our freezer.

I was up most of the night feeling sick on the couch while watching repeats of One Tree Hill on Netflix.  Today I've spent most of the day on the couch and watching Jack play. We are both still in our jammies. I've attempted a little Christmas decorating and even more Black Friday online shopping. I got some great deals in Carters, Shutterfly and Old Navy.

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and were able to share the day (healthy) with the ones you love. 

4 comments:

Jen said...

I'm so sorry you were sick! I hope you are feeling better today.

Living Life With Joy said...

I'm so sorry you and Brian were so sick. I hope you're feeling much better.

Amanda said...

Awe I'm sorry you were so sick....no fun but jack looked adorable in his bow tie :-)

Patty said...

How adorable is he?! Love his little bow tie!

Post a Comment

I absolutely love hearing from you. Leave some love!