Pages

LIFE, LOVE AND A SPLASH OF SOME GLAMOUR

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Birthday Day!

Today is my birthday. Yep, my 36th birthday! How can I feel so old but not so old all at the same time? It's crazy. I feel like I was just 23 and partying with friends and now I'm in bed before 10 and up before the sun! Time just seems to fly by the older I get!


source

A few weeks back I saw this awesome birthday post by Stephanie and was completely inspired. To celebrate her birthday she wrote a post about the best things in her life that are free. The best things in life are free and here are my things: 

- Cuddling with Jack

- Sunday dinner with my family

- Watching Jack and other kids playing and enjoying themselves at the park.

- The smell of hyacinths in the spring

- Sand between my toes. 

- A freshly washed comforter

- The filling the last word in a crossword puzzle or number in a sudoku puzzle. 

- Sitting on my back deck after dark with a glass of wine.  

- The smell of rain on a hot summer day. 

- Inside jokes with your best friend

- The first day of spring when you don't have to wear a coat!

- Seeing how happy Jack makes other people. 

- Beating the time set on your GPS

- Looking at old photo albums 

- Your favorite song on the radio

- Dogs! Doggie kisses, doggie cuddles, doggie EVERYTHING! 

- A thank you from a complete stranger

- Jack hugs! 

- Hearing good news about people who truly deserve it. 

These are just a few of the things that make me happy and they don't cost a penny. I intend on spending today with my favorite toddler. I took the day off and the weather looks amazing. It's going to be a park day for us and we may do a little shopping. 

What are some of the best things in your life for free! 

5 comments:

Living Life With Joy said...

Happy Birthday, Kristina! I hope you have a wonderful day!!

Amy @ http://befilledwithj0y.blogspot.com/

Molly said...

Yay! Have a happy birthday, Kristina! :)

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday! I hope your day was wonderful!

Jen said...

Wishing you a Happy Birthday sweet friend!!!

Nichole @ casadecrews.com said...

Happy Happy Birthday!

Post a Comment

I absolutely love hearing from you. Leave some love!