Pages

LIFE, LOVE AND A SPLASH OF SOME GLAMOUR

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Wedding Wednesday...CENTERPIECES

Apple centerpieces. An interior designer told me all our elements should tell a story especially OUR story. What better way to do that then incorporate apples in some how. Since we have a small budget apples are much more cost affective then flowers. Flowers are beautiful but they are all pretty and I really don't have a preference. 


I adore this simple idea of the apples and the fun pattern material, Courtesy of The Sunny Side of Life.






This is the look I am going for. It's my favorite. We would probably steer towards the smaller and adding some Lily of the Valley, Daisies and Baby's Breathe. Brian's mom makes pottery and has a home studio.  She is willing to make us these cake stands. I am thinking of using fun scrap booking paper to put under the bowl or tower of apples. At first I wanted to use fabric quarters but I am not the most talented seamstress and would obsess over the clean lines.Photo provided by Frolic






I really like this look as well. Our reception tables seat 12 so they are pretty large. I don't know if something like this would not be proportionate to the table size.  I absolutely LOVE the number block. Its very cute and super creative.




I really love this idea too. I may even use this idea, on a smaller scale, for table numbers by adding the numbers the ribbon.
Via


I have also been on the hunt for these empty Starbucks Frappaccino bottles. 
They remind me old milk bottles. I have been attempting different craft projects with them. I may use them as table decor by using them as a vase for some small flowers in addition to our larger centerpieces. I may even paint the table numbers on them? 

After our wedding is over we are donating all of our centerpieces and all flowers to a local nursing home. I had read somewhere that so many of the elderly patients in nursing homes never receive gifts or flowers. It made me so very sad to hear that.  :(
I am hoping we could use a simple piece of our wedding to make some one else feel good! 



What do you think?
What were some of your centerpiece and table number ideas?


xoxox

2 comments:

Laura Darling said...

Oooh I like the look! So fresh and cheerful!

The Vintage Modern Bride said...

love the apples! what a cute idea. also..love the frap bottles! very very adorable with the straws.

Post a Comment

I absolutely love hearing from you. Leave some love!