Pages

LIFE, LOVE AND A SPLASH OF SOME GLAMOUR

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Tunes Tuesday... 2000s

Linking up with Krystal for the past few weeks has really been fun. I've enjoyed checking out all the other bloggers who have linked up. I especially love checking out their lists and smacking myself saying "How could I not remember that?!?!?"



Week 3- 2000s

During this stage of my life I was such a NYC club goer. I LOVED anything techno and dance based for a long time. I loved clubbing in tacky leather pants. I think I had a headband that lit up like laser beams. I am so glad I have no pictures of that!  Towards my late 20s you can totally tell I changed my taste a little bit. I went from a club rat to a huge fan of small and more intimate shows. I guess thats what happens when you get old!

I loved dancing to Satisfaction when I was clubbing! I can't believe that was about 10 years ago. Spending the entire night in NYC and driving home as the sun was coming up. I can't even imagine staying up all night long anymore. I wish I was still 21! Those were great nights.

Another amazing club song. 
Castles in the Sky

You can see the transition here. Yep, I went there. I got a bit emo! 
Dashboard Confessional! 
I fell in love with them the first second I heard them. Stolen is still one of my favorites! 


Band of Horses will probably make an appearance on our wedding playlist. 
I think I found them a few years ago.
Is it a shame to say I first heard them on One Tree Hill?
(Spoiler, but their soundtrack will probably end up on during bonus week)


The Gay Blades-Oh Shot
I see this band live every chance I get.
Love them. 
Love the fact my fiancĂ© went to HS with one of the members and he beats up B on stage or ball taps him. 


The Fray, Look After You will also probably make an appearance on that same playlist. Saw them in concert a few years back. Man they brought tears to my eyes. I can not wait for their new album!!!! 


Oh Mr. LaMontagne. I LOVE YOU! Do I need to say any more???


Butch Walker, If you don't know who he is you probably should check him out. Originally heard him when he played with the Marvelous 3 in the 90s. 


David Gray, Please Forgive Me.
This song and his voice are simply amazing


Panic at the Disco
One of the best concerts I've ever been to. 
They are so creative and FUN!


Black Eyed Peas, Don't Lie
Not a huge fan of them but I always loved this song!


The Weepies-The World Spins Madly On
Man have I shed a ton of tears to this one.


Erin McCarley
I just wish she would make something else!!! Love that voice!
Where did you go Erin!!! 

Some other favorites:

Lose Yourself-Eminem
(I love Eminem. I really do! I like the often mean angry stuff to get me all worked up! lol)
Hay Ya- Outkast
Your Beautiful- James Blunt
Live Your Life- TI



What are some of your favorite 00s tunes?

Happy Tuesday!


3 comments:

Jennifer B said...

Dashboard...sigh <3 <3 <3 <3

Jamie said...

Musical walk down memory lane :)

krystal said...

Seriously wish I could have gone clubbing with you back in the day!! Love that Castles in the Sky song! I had Tiesto on my list! :)

Post a Comment

I absolutely love hearing from you. Leave some love!