Pages

LIFE, LOVE AND A SPLASH OF SOME GLAMOUR

Monday, October 14, 2013

This Weekend

Well sadly I'm off to a training today. My weekend is already over. My job does not consider Columbus Day a holiday. Instead we get Black Friday off as a compnay holiday. Oh well! So while I head off to work today my husband is getting busy on our nursery! Our shower is this weekend and I would love to be able to have the room semi complete so we can add all our new goodies to the room instead of the corner of my bedroom where everything we already have sits.

So getting on to our weekend...

- Saturday my mom and I hit up a local festival called Autumn Lights. We try and go each year. My mother in law does pottery as a hobby and she always has a booth. Sadly, I woke up Saturday feeling a little sick. I had been fighting off a cold for a week but I really felt pregnant this weekend. This hernia is really taking a toll on me and my body. In addition to that my stomach felt very tight and very crampy. The pain from the hernia has actually been making me sick to my stomach. Several times through the day I thought I was going to be sick right there in the middle of the street fair. Even while feeling so down I was happy I got to spend the day with my mom. I love mommy/daughter days! I just can't wait for them to be grandma/mommy and baby days.

- Sunday started off rough. Same pains and nausea woke me up at 4am. (I've been watching Brothers and Sisters on Soapnet. It's the only thing on that darn early) Luckily I've been sleeping on our couch for 2 weeks so I haven't been waking up my husband.



We were directly on the farm for the harvest festival.
 Perfect place to celebrate. 


- We made a last minute decision to spend the day at a Harvest Festival. Even though I'm not feeling great I hate to waste perfectly good weekends inside the house. We listened to some great music, ate some out of this world organic food and met up with some friends.


- On the way home baby NEEDED to stop for some cider donuts and a candy apple. We also got some healthy squash, yellow cauliflower and beets which we cooked up for a delicious dinner and finished our weekend cuddled up on the couch watching football.

Hope you all had a fantastic weekend and it extended through today.

2 comments:

SMD @ lifeaccordingtosteph said...

I am totally with your baby - cider donuts are a necessity!

Jen said...

What a great weekend besides the pain you had.

Post a Comment

I absolutely love hearing from you. Leave some love!