Pages

LIFE, LOVE AND A SPLASH OF SOME GLAMOUR

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Post Baby Wardrobe

Now that I'm back to work I really can't justify leggings or yoga pants like I could when I was home for the last 3 months.  Getting dressed in the mornings has not been easy or fun lately. I can't fit into anything and it downright sucks.  I literally have a handful of items that fit over my mega hips and my NatGeo boobs. I'm really trying hard to dress myself up but its not an easy task. When all that fits are a few black t shirts (short sleeve, long sleeve and 3/4 length), 3 jeans (2 ankle and 1 bootcut) and a few open front sweaters none of which button up. I tend to stick to dark colors and with the spring coming I can't bare to wear all these dark colors. The only thing I have done to brighten up my wardrobe is add scarves to every dull outfit. My very full, slightly overloaded and colorful closet needs some attention.

I want more than anything to diet and work out hard core but I'm so afraid it will effect my milk production. I was hoping that the constant pumping would help me drop the pounds but it has not been easy.

For now I'll just fantasize about adorable outfits like these.


Untitled #345






Nude & Mint




romantic casual





Spring

Spring by lagu featuring studded flat shoes


Spring Mint & Coral



summer




Gold & Orange



With all that being said my Jack is worth each and every extra pound. I'd rather have him in my arms any day than any fancy outfit! 

Any advice from mommy land on how to how to lose the pounds with out depleting your milk supply or how to dress up a very boring and dark wardrobe?

4 comments:

Meg Taylor said...

These are gorgeous!! I've always love the navy and yellow combo, so that's definitely my fav :)

Alisa Marie said...

Girl I am in the same boat! I just had a baby in January and I'm back at work now. I bought a few dresses from Kohl's they have totally saved me! Doesn't make me feel nearly as bad as pants because I don't have to button them up. I haven't been able to lose the last 10 lbs yet, but I think once I'm done breastfeeding I will be able to diet and get rid of the extra weight. Good Luck :)

Ashley said...

Love every one of these outfits!! If only they could find a way into my closet without the price tag and miraculously in my size! haha!
Give yourself a break, you just had a baby! That is what everyone tells me when I complain about how things fit now! It is true, frustrating, but true!
It took you 9 months to put it on, give yourself 9 months to take it off!

Jen said...

I love all of these outfits! So amazing!

Post a Comment

I absolutely love hearing from you. Leave some love!